Venturn is a boutique consultancy firm for the maritime and logistics industry. Our main focus is on practical business consultancy and (leadership) development programmes for our clients in the industry. Our long lasting clients are typically companies active in and around deepsea water such as shipping lines, terminals, logistics service providers, port authorities and offshore or marine contractors.
The industry we serve is global by nature and we have an active focus in strengthening and expanding our client base in the EMEA region.
Executive search became a natural service for our clients out of above activities and we further strengthened that with the acquisition of Plimsoll in Rotterdam in 2018 and a controlling stake in Experts4Experts in Denmark in 2021.
With the rapid changes globally and also in our industry, we started a new activity, Venturn Digital, assisting our clients to keep up with the possibilities and developing new business models with the opportunities offered by data analytics, RPA and IoT.
Since 2007 we run a very successful talent programme called VYP (Venturn Young Professional) where we hire top students out of university who work on challenging project at our clients and go through an intensive 24 month development curriculum.
Based on the past 15 years of success, a growing alumni community and more over, growing demand from our clients for Venturn Young Talent, we decided to significantly grow and triple this activity by 2025.
The Programme Manager Young Leaders is overall responsible for matching the demand for young talent with the supply of passionate and motivated young graduates. He/she ensures that the development curricula meets the need of our clients and also facilitates to attract top graduates out of University.
The programme manager reports to the partners of Venturn and works closely with the functions in the organization whereunder :
- Campus recruitment – Mark Holleman
- Assessments – Kirsten Winkel
- Commerce – Partners and senior consultants
- Leadership development – Dirk Paans
- Marketing and communication – Britt van Strijbos & Kimberley de Ruiter
Tasks and activities in more detail
- Maintaining and establishing solid relationships with both universities and student associations
- Organizing impact full recruitment events
- Branding the programme via social media, website, SEO/SEA
- Active account management for existing clients hiring Venturn Young Talent through regular field visits
- Identifying opportunities at Venturn clients using our other services
- Develop new clients through referrals, through sound pro-active propositions and through being active, respected and known within the maritime community
- Cross selling, ensure that other needs of the clients are shared with the responsible colleagues at Venturn.
- Maintain an active relationship with the growing alumni community
- Constantly benchmark our development curriculum against developments in the industry, against competition and through evaluation of the modules
- Ensure that the training facilitates the impact and success of the YP’s on their projects
- Build solid partnerships with the curriculum trainers
- Manage the distribution of Venturn Talents after the 24 months across the client pool(s)
- Ensure that the set profit margin per Young professional is realized through smart contracting and negotiating
- Ensure that the professional relationship with the client continues after a payroll transfer through other and follow on product offering
Experience and education
- University degree in business, human resources or other relevant discipline complemented with recent courses and development programmes;
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in a managerial role, holding both people and client management responsibilities;
- Proven track record in successful growing services
Competencies needed to be successful
- Self – starting;
- Capable of switching between strategical thinking and hands on execution
- Strong consultative selling and negation skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, good command of Dutch and English
- Professional pitching and presenting skills
Venturn offers an attractive package matching your seniority and consisting of a competitive base salary, a significant bonus potential and a solid pension fund with a 4% employer contribution. Furthermore we stimulate employee development, we have a fantastic office in the iconic Hulstkamp Building in Rotterdam and a branch office in Breda. You will meet great colleagues to work with and we do not shy away from an occasional informal office drink.