Advanced Analytics Young Professional Program
Do you have a strong affinity for advanced analytics and data? Do you enjoy solving complex problems in a smart and analytics way? Let your talent shine through during the Advanced Analytics Young Professional Program at Rabobank.
You and your future
During this Young Professional Program you develop your career by becoming an expert in Advanced Analytics at Rabobank during a period of one and a half years. During this time, a buddy system provides you with guidance in finding your way around the bank and exploring it from different angles. Moreover, you receive coaching from a talent manager and support from your own mentor because we want to set you up for your own personal success. After 18 months you will have developed an expertise in the field and you can remain part of your team and continue to grow even further. And then? The Young Professional Program has allowed you to develop significant content knowledge and hard skills via your work in your specific team. However, you have also acquired a network of like-minded professionals within the bank and developed different soft skills. Rabobank will support you in growing yourself and your career further and with your profile you can add value to almost any team, area and field! You can focus on your hard skills and content knowledge development and follow a specialist career path. Alternatively, you can also focus on project management skills or a more managerial path. To sum it all up: You own your career and Rabobank will make sure to listen to your needs and help you on your own path.
Examples of projects
- One Young Professional is part of a re-development of an IFRS9-model for a specific credit risk portfolio. She developed a prototype of the model to run an impact analysis of identified weaknesses on the performance of the model .
- Another Young Professional works on the Energy bills model: An Analysis of how much people pay for their energy bill. This project was also published: https://www.nu.nl/economie/6214578/ruim-de-helft-van-de-huishoudens-voelt-hoge-gasprijs-in-de-portemonnee.html
- NewsBird is a cloud-hosted app which was developed by a Young Professional and their team. It combines various machine learning models to collect and provide global news to employees all over the bank. The Young professional developed the NLP (natural language processing) models used in the pipeline.
- Length: Young Professional Program Advanced Analytics: 18 months
- Start per 1 April 2023
- Hours per week: 40
- About 10-15% of your weekly work time is purely spent on personal development, trainings and other activities outside of your work in your team.
Your development as a young professional
To become the specialist in your professional field, in the first 18 months you mainly attend training courses that relate directly to your specialism and that support your talent development. The courses are often given by experienced colleagues or trainers with a track record.
You build your network, gain valuable experience and develop skills which will be of use to you later in your career. We also challenge you and other young professionals and trainees to work on various cases and challenges one day a week.
Learning from each other
Development is our top priority. Because the best way to learn is by doing, through mistakes and successes. At Rabobank we offer you the right balance between freedom and supervision. To develop talents you never thought you possessed. To specialize in a professional field or explore the things you're good at and enjoy doing. During your Young Professional Program you can count on us for excellent supervision. You'll work with experienced colleagues and have lots of contact with young professionals.
‘My favorite part of the program is that we get to spend the Friday afternoons with all the other Advanced Analytics Young Professionals. It was great for me to have this community, especially when I just arrived in a new organization and did not know anyone outside of my team. We also have a lot of freedom in deciding how we want to spend our Friday afternoons and develop ourselves. I am personally involved in the recruitment and communications committees, but you can also decide to organize social events, study for an exam or a certification, or just have coffee chats with people from different parts of the bank and grow your network – it’s up to you!’
Emilie Facon, Advanced Analytics Young Professional.
Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- You’ve (almost) completed a master’s degree or PhD in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Industrial Engineering or a related STEM field;
- Approx. 0-2 years of work experience;
- An interest in quantitative analysis and programming, for example Matlab, Python or SQL;
- An excellent command of the English language;
- An interest in building strong professional relationships
- Collaboration matters to you
- You are not afraid to learn from your mistakes
This is what we offer you
- € 3.785,60 gross per month (scale 7)
- A combination of working from home and at the office
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). Employees may use this budget at their own discretion.
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Advanced Analytics Young Professional based on a 40-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment/
You and the job application process
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. We are very curious to hear what you can bring to Rabobank. Has your interest been piqued? Please apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter.
Since we have a limited amount of spots available we encourage you to add a motivation letter explaining why the program would be a good fit for you, and why you would be a great fit for Rabobank. This will help you stand out, so don’t hesitate and apply now!
- Questions about the program? Contact Sarah Fawver, Talent Manager Advanced Analytics Young Professional Program via Sarah.Fawver@Rabobank.nl.
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the application process? Contact Michelle Veeke, Campus Recruiter via Godelief.Wosten@Rabobank.nl.
- After CV selection the selection process consists of an assessment, a digital interview and a final selection day. The selection days will take place physically at our office in Utrecht. We are looking forward to meet you!
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.