ORMIT and ASML have joined forces to offer this challenging Lead Designer traineeship.
During this two-year traineeship at ASML you’ll get the opportunity to develop yourself as a Lead Designer. ASML provides a challenging environment to boost your professional development. ORMIT provides a state-of-the-art development program with a strong focus on personal leadership
Our offer to you:
- An intense program that encourages you to grow into your position as Lead Designer within ASML
- A state-of-the-art development program with a focus on leadership
- A personal ORMIT coach
- A peer group of trainees who stimulate your personal development
Your role as LEAD DESIGNER trainee
As a lead designer you specify, design and test constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning.
Developed product meets all specifications, deviations are accepted. Product specifications are feasible, known to all relevant parties and relevant underlying assumptions and restrictions are understood, technical product documentation (TPD) is up-to-date and of good quality. You’ll be part of a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology.
ASML pushes capabilities of their technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. They also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that they are examining. Though they stay pragmatic as their customers need real solutions, not just theories.
You are responsible for the design of a mechanical (sub-)module, and you will ensure specifications regarding safety, reliability, stability, contamination free, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, working in a mechanical team. Next to that, it’s about:
- Translate performance specifications into design specification.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
- Interfaces with Project Leader and Architects.
- Some autonomy within own area of expertise, works independently, within practices and procedures. Issues are discussed with team/TL
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech company that produces complex lithographic machines which supply chip producers with the necessary production capabilities for IC’s. ASML is a precursor in the world of technology and delivers systems to all leading chip producers worldwide.The more than 23.000 employees of ASML are part of the most creative thinkers in physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanics, software and computer science. On a daily basis, they work together in close multidisciplinary teams where they listen to and learn from each other and share ideas. It is the ideal work environment for professional development and personal growth.
What we are looking for in a trainee
- Bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, preferably with a specialisation in precision micro- or nano-engineering, biomedical engineering, aerospace engineering, or other similar areas.
- 0-3 years relevant working experience
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ambition to grow into a lead designer role steering teams and suppliers
- Experience in 3D CAD (or highly driven to learn).
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules
- A flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment
- Eager to drive own development
Do you see yourself in this picture? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment? Perhaps it’s time to advance your career and become a part of progress and join ASML in the role of Lead Designer.