Build new solutions from the ground up.
Just graduated and looking for a traineeship in a global company?
Would you like to contribute to large brands such as UNCLE BEN'S, SUZI WAN, SEEDS OF CHANGE or DOLMIO? Mars offers you a great career!
Discover a world which people are constantly shaping
At Mars, we believe in giving everyone the toughest deal there is: freedom.The freedom to grow, the freedom to excel, to make decisions, to challenge yourself and your team- in short, the freedom to take responsibility. From the moment you join us, you'll notice the difference at Mars. We'll listen to your ideas, encourage you to question things and give you responsibility for your own progress. It's no accident we work like this. We're a family-owned business that doesn't have to please shareholders so there's a real sense of freedom here. All of which will allow you to take control of your progress, leave a lasting impression and get ahead.
Right now for our Food Technical Department we're searching for a: Engineering Management Trainee m/f. Mars Food, starting salary: € 43.500,-
Jump-start your career in the challenging world of FMCG through our European Engineering Leadership Program in Food Segment. It offers talented graduates a fast track to a leadership role in the Technical area. To help you find out just how ambitious you really are, you’ll be working on a specific assignment over a 3-year period.
The first placement focuses on getting to know engineering at Mars and gaining initial experience in project management, and to help you familiarise with our organization both the corporate culture and the technology. During the second year, the Trainee benefits from an assignment abroad in order to expand cultural awareness and deepen the engineering skills. After that, the third placement will expose Trainees to a leadership role and first line management experience on their home site. Needless to say, you’ll receive intensive training in order to prepare for a management position in the Netherlands or elsewhere, but you’ll also be assessed on your performance and the progress you make during your traineeship.
We expect you, as a recent graduate in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering to be highly diligent and persistent. You thrive on setting priorities, making decisions and achieving results, can’t wait to get out in the field, and feel at home in a competitive, challenging, ‘up-or-out’ environment. Besides an exciting and dynamic position at a leading global company that produces premium brands, we offer generous training opportunities, flexible hours and excellent pay and benefits based on your commitment and performance.
You will start your experience at Mars in Olen (Belgium) and one of your 3 placements will be based within Food in another European country and depending on the development in another segment (Chocolate, Petfood, Wrigley), ensuring you get the valuable international experience you need to make it to the top.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Together with others design and successful execute and implement site technical projects, that have a sustained technical competitive advantage.
- Building a huge personal network.
- Getting to know the Mars organization.
- Functional and personal growth.
- Visiting suppliers and other European production facilities.
- Three assignments of one year.
- Development panel at the end of every assignment (we use the up or out principle throughout the year).
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a global company producing A-brands.
- Ample training opportunity and attention for your personal development.
- European work area, at least one of the three roles abroad.
- An excellent salary and a good package of fringe benefits, tailored to your commitment and performance.
- State of the art management trainee development program.
- For more information visit mars.com/eelp.
What we request
- Master in the field of Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- We do not expect any working experience; students within a few months of graduation are invited to apply.
- Extracurricular activities and/or work experiences outside the academic world.
- Excellent in English, verbal and written; Dutch is an advantage.
- Talent to build enduring collaborative relationships.
- Passion to deliver results against all odds.
- Can decide and act when things are up in the air.
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Eagerness to learn with high learning agility.
- Good balance between IQ and EQ.
- Activity management experiences.
- Strong Priority setting skills.
- EU citizen, mobile to move.
Do you recognize yourself in the above?
Please send us your online application - including CV and motivation letter - as soon as possible, using the link below. You’re able to apply until the 11th of November. Selection will run through November & December 2016. An external Assessment Centre will be part of the procedure. The candidate will start the traineeship February 2017.