Build new solutions from the ground up
Installing a brand new production line is a complicated process. No easy task then, for someone who’s only just completed their traineeship. And especially when they’re working thousands of miles from home in China, and everything is far from obvious. But Richard had an idea. He knew that creating the perfect bar of Snickers® didn’t just demand the right mix of peanuts, caramel, nougat and chocolate, but that having the right mix of people on board was just as important. So he divided tasks between different departments, and then he made sure that everyone knew exactly what to do. That’s the kind of top-level thinking we love.
Supply Chain Management Trainee
Veghel, starting salary: € 43.000
If you have just graduated with a Master’s in Supply Chain management, Technical Business Administration or Engineering, and are now ready for real work, a traineeship at the biggest chocolate factory in the world might be just right for you. You will spend three assignments, each lasting one year, getting to know Mars as an organization, developing a large personal network, create an accelerated learning on your personal development and playing a substantial part from the outset in the success of our leading confectionery brands such as Mars®, Snickers® and Twix®.
So you’ll be straight in at the deep end of your career: you both can and must prove that you can hold your own and deliver the goods. At the end of each assignment you will go to a sign-off panel, and you can only go one of two ways: up or out. You only have what it takes if you also have particular qualities: a talent to build enduring collaborative relationships, a passion to deliver results against all the odds, the stability to comfortably handle risk and uncertainty and of course an eagerness to learn. Your first assignment will be in the Industrial Engineering department of Veghel.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Three assignments of one year
- Building a huge personal network
- Getting to know the Mars organization
- Functional and personal growth
- Visiting other production locations and/ or markets within Europe
- Sign-off at the end of each assignment (we apply the up or out principle)
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a global company producing A-brands.
- An environment that proceeds from your personal qualities and that stimulates international career possibilities within Supply Chain
- Flexible working times
- An excellent salary and a good package of fringe benefits, tailored to your commitment and performance
- State of the art management trainee development program
What we request
- Master in Supply chain management, Technical business administration, Engineering or similar
- We do not expect any working experience; students within a few months of graduation are invited to apply
- Extracurricular activities and/or work experiences outside the academic world
- Excellent in English, verbal and written and a second language (Dutch is an advantage)
- Mobile, eager to work abroad
- Ambition to become our next leader in supply chain
- EU citizenship is required
- Talent to build enduring collaborative relationships
- Passion to deliver results against all odds
- Can decide and act when things are up in the air
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong problem solving capacity.
Do you recognize yourself in the above?
Please send us your online application - including CV and motivation letter - as soon as possible, using the link below. You are able to apply until the 21th of May Selection will start as soon as possible. An external Assessment Centre will be part of the procedure. The selected candidate will start the traineeship summer 2017.
We would like you to point out that to make the presentation of a VOG a requirement for entitlement to the relevant position.