At a glance
Are you ready to start your career as IT developer? Do you want to be part of the global IT revamp Clearing is going through? Then the IT Talent Programme might be just what you are looking for. Thanks to our global network and proximity to the market infrastructures, you will serve the best trading firms on four continents.
Once you join you enter a 12-month programme. In the first weeks you will spend time designing your personal programme together with your manager. Depending on your preferences you will be working in Amsterdam, Chicago or Sydney.
Besides this personal programme you will be enrolled in the global Clearing Talent Programme training to get to know the business in more detail and work on your personal development. This 4-week training is facilitated by experts, professional trainers and ABN AMRO Clearing managers. As such you automatically become part of an international group of graduates allowing you to build a global network. A great start to your ABN AMRO Clearing career.
As part of the Programme you are offered 3 rotations. You will take full responsibility for your own assignments. You could, for instance be working in a software development team to develop the client interfacing services, develop the competitive risk management application which supports clients to keep a healthy business or find opportunities to automate processes. You will start working in your ‘home’ country and take assignments in Sydney, Chicago, London or Amsterdam. You’ll get a chance to experience all aspects of IT, work with multiple software development teams to really understand the business needs. After 12 months, you’ll be ready to start in your well-considered role at ABN AMRO Clearing.
Your working environment
Clearing is the cornerstone of global financial markets. As a Clearing Bank we offer our clients the ability to trade on 90+ financial markets, giving us a top 3 position globally. In this position we secure and govern a safe, transparent and sustainable market. Our clients include professional traders, investment managers and corporates with whom we have longstanding personal relationships. We understand them and strive to deliver the same high-quality service across the globe. All with the aim to reduce risk and make financial markets more efficient and reliable. Given the high demands of our clients and highly volatile market, the work in ABN AMRO Clearing Bank gives a chance to learn a lot in a short period of time. Working at ABN AMRO Clearing means thriving in an international, professional yet informal, fast-paced, IT-driven environment.
You’re attracted to the global financial markets, you are highly analytical and you are eager to translate problems and needs into technological solutions. You have the ability to bring colleagues from different backgrounds, expertise and cultures together in order to optimally serve our clients. The continuously changing environment in which regulations and sustainability play an important role requires an adaptive but assertive mindset. You are curious by nature, not hesitating to take responsibility. You want to create, improve and innovate. And, of course, you are result driven, have an inquisitive mind and you enjoy learning new things in a challenging environment. In short:
- Creative mindset and capable of assessing and evaluating risks
- Knowledge of technology and how this supports business improvements
- Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach
- Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility
- Fast learner
- The team comes first! You have empathy for your colleagues and excellent collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably followed by a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- No more than two years of work experience
- Extracurricular activities
- Experience abroad or demonstrated international interest
During the 12 month IT Talent Programme, you'll receive dedication and guidance from your line manager, assignment supervisor, trainers and a mentor. In addition, ABN AMRO Clearing offers you extensive soft and hard skills training that allows you to increase your technical knowledge, deepen your understanding of financial markets and products, and further develop your personal skills.
The employment conditions:
- A one year contract and a permanent contract after you succesfully completed the prgramme
- An additional benefit budget of 11%, with which you can buy flexible terms of employment
- A personal development budget of € 1,000 per year
- An annual public transport subscription or transport budget, depending on the position
- A good pension
- And we will help you to stay fit & vital
Interested? Read this carefully!
Contact one of us to gain more info or apply via the button below and upload your resume and cover letter.
The overall recruitment process includes:
- Personal introduction with and guidance of a ABN AMRO Clearing peer
- Formal application with resume, cover letter & grades list;
- Online cognitive and personality test;
- Interviews via video;
- A telephone interview can be part of the procedure;
- Call to discuss start date, location, job offer and VISA (if necessary, we will take care of this).
For more information contact us via email IT.Talent@abnamroclearing.com:
Alexandre König dos Santos, IT Development Engineer - Client Instructing
Katarzyna Garncarek, Business Developer - Market Infrastructure
Rowan Preesman, Product Owner - Data Analytics
Wendy van den Akker - IT Engineering Lead/ Hiring Manager
Gelijke kansen voor iedereen
Het succes van onze organisatie staat of valt met de kwaliteit van onze mensen en de ideeën die zij hebben. Echt verrassende inzichten en innovatieve oplossingen voor onze klanten ontstaan door een samenspel van culturen, kennis en ervaring. Daarom is diversiteit voor onze organisatie ontzettend belangrijk. Om ervoor te zorgen dat alle collega’s binnen ABN AMRO hun kwaliteiten kunnen ontplooien, stimuleren we een inclusieve cultuur waarin iedereen zich betrokken en gewaardeerd voelt.
Locatie: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NL
Requisition ID: 41442