|Duur in maanden||
>> Alles bekijken
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of approximately 2,500 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This Division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team, providing them with financial planning and timely, accurate and clear financial information to support business decisions.
The Finance Industrial Placement Programme is aimed at students in their penultimate year of university who are studying a sandwich course requiring a year in industry. It runs annually, beginning in June, and is based in London. Industrial Placement students are placed in roles based on interview feedback, their interests and the current business needs.
Training begins with a Firmwide induction alongside your peers from other areas of the Firm. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering product and industry knowledge, personal
effectiveness and technical training, as well as a team-building activity. Industrial placement students will also receive considerable on-the-job training, a series of “Lunch & Learn” presentations, networking events, mentoring and work shadowing opportunities.
As an Industrial Placement Programme participant, your responsibilities may include:
• Calculating the daily profit and loss (P&L) tallies of traders.
• Writing market commentaries for management reports.
• Conducting re-engineering projects to review and enhance processes.
• Using analytical tools to determine current and potential exposure to risk.
• Preparing monthly financial and management reports.
• You are a penultimate-year undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements, and are on track
for a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
• You are a team player and excellent communicator.
• You have advanced technical, quantitative and project management skills.
• You have the ability to multi-task and are detail oriented.
• You are client-service oriented.
To apply use the button 'Lees Meer & Aanmelden'! Deadline for applications is 1 December. Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early, as we recruit on an ongoing basis.